Tom Hardy Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tom Hardy Fan Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Broken Temple Star of the Month: Tom Hardy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Site Owner / Administrator
DonnaKat

The Broken Temple Star of the Month: Tom Hardy Empty
PostSubject: The Broken Temple Star of the Month: Tom Hardy   The Broken Temple Star of the Month: Tom Hardy Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:29 pm

http://brokentemple.blogspot.com/2009/06/star-of-month-tom-hardy.html

Star of the Month : Tom Hardy

I was planning to keep to (what I hoped would be a) tradition, and release this post on the 25th. However, since our Star of the Month happens to be showcasing his talents tonight, I'm more then happy to move him up. And so, the Broken Temple's Star of the Month is...

Tom Hardy.

Hardy deserves the award simply for his truly brilliant performances. Watching the man on screen is a real treat, regardless whether he's playing a foreign noble, a gay gangster, or Britains most violent criminal.

One of his earliest roles was Private John Janovec in HBO's award-winning miniseries, "Band of Brothers". Following this, Hardy landed his first movie role in Ridley Scott's "Black Hawk Down" as 'Twombly'.

In 2002 Hardy faced off against Partrick Stewart's 'Jean-Luc Picard' in "Star Trek: Nemesis." Hardy played 'Praetor Shinzon', the movie's central villan, and a clone of Captain Picard.

Even in the sparkly dress he wore, Hardy managed to pull of sinister, menacing, and twisted with a straight face.

Hardy starred alongside Daniel Craig in 2004's "Layer Cake," and has worked with a number of well known British actors. In 2006 he took on a supporting role in the BBC's version of "Sweeney Todd," (the best version I've seen of the character) starring Ray Winstone.

In the same year, Hardy played 'Raumont' in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette," and Noel in Ed Blum's "Scenes of a Sexual Nature."

Hardy also took on the role of 'Bill Sikes' in the BBC's television adaption of the Charles Dickens classic, "Oliver Twist."

More recently, Tom Hardy worked with Gerard Butler in "RocknRolla," as the gay gangster 'Handsome Bob'.

Earlier this year, Hardy took on the lead role of Charles Bronson, in the aptly named "Bronson." For the role, Hardy transformed himself into a nearly unrecognisable person.

Fuck. I wouldn't want to meet him down any dark street. Critics praised Hardy's performance, saying "Hardy's performance is outstanding," "engaging, muscular and even funny." "Mr. Hardy delivers a stunning performance that reminds you why the phrase "force of nature,"

In keeping with the gangster image, Hardy will be starring in the Sky 1 adaption of Martina Cole's "The Take," airing tonight at 9:00pm.

Coming up in the near future, Hardy will be taking the lead as 'Heathcliff' in the ITV miniseries adaption of "Wuthering Heights."
Back to top Go down
https://tomhardyfanforum.aforumfree.com

The Broken Temple Star of the Month: Tom Hardy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom Hardy Fan Forum :: Tom Hardy Fan Forum :: Latest News About Tom-
Jump to: