Tom Hardy Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tom Hardy Fan Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Site Owner / Administrator
DonnaKat

Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Empty
PostSubject: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:29 pm

From inthenews.co.uk

Tuesday, 02 Jun 2009 12:25

Martina Cole's The Take - Gripping family drama only on Sky1 and Sky1 HD - Starts Wednesday June 17th at 21:00 BST

Adapted from the best-selling novel Martina Cole's The Take is a gripping drama about love, power, jealousy and betrayal.

The four-part serial features a stunning ensemble cast of British talent including Tom Hardy (Bronson, Stuart A Life Backwards), Emmy award winner Brian Cox (Braveheart, The Bourne Supremacy, Deadwood), Kierston Wareing (It's a Free World, Fish Tank), Charlotte Riley (Easy Virtue) and Shaun Evans (Teachers).

Freddie Jackson (Hardy) is just out of prison. He's done his time, made the right connections and now he’s ready to use them. With his faithful cousin Jimmy (Evans) by his side, Freddie is ready to take on the world. His wife Jackie (Wareing) dreams of having her husband home but she’s forgotten the rows and the girls Freddie can’t leave alone.

At first Freddie gets everything he ever wanted and Jimmy is taken along for the ride, the two creating a growing crime empire that gives them all the respect and money they've hungered for. But behind it all sits Ozzy (Cox) - a legendary criminal godfather who manipulates Freddie and Jimmy's fates from behind the bars of his prison cell.

Bitter, resentful and increasingly unstable, Jackie sees her life crumble while her little sister Maggie's (Riley) star rises. In love with Jimmy, Maggie is determined not to end up like her sister. Freddie and Jackie watch Jimmy and Maggie achieve all the dreams that they themselves failed to realise: love, family, stability and respect.

Freddie soon proves himself to be unpredictably violent and extremely dangerous. A jealous resentment and an inability to control himself force Freddie to put both the business and family at risk. Torn between being loyal to a cousin he loves and being true to his own destiny, Jimmy is forced to decide between protecting Freddie or the life he has built with Maggie.

Martina Cole commented: "The Take was my era – I wanted to capture that. The times changed then – the family dynamics changed. Every now and then I like to go back and take people back to another era and show them how something began." And Martina was thrilled with the casting, adding: "That Tom Hardy is fantastic. Freddie is such a big character and he played him fantastically. I saw Shaun, the guy who plays Jimmy, in a film called Gone and I rang Lavinia [Warner – Executive Producer] up and said you've got to watch this film, this kid is fantastic. Both the girls caught their characters perfectly – just perfectly."

Brian Cox added: "This is an important piece. Like a British Godfather. It's about that society and how it doesn't work."

Speaking about his character, Tom Hardy commented: "Freddie is like an old school gangster in a new school body – he's on the fringe of two generations and so he's discarded during the crossover between the two regimes because of his inability to blend in and to co-operate."

Martina Cole is one of the UK's most prolific crime writers, she is the bestselling author of fifteen novels set in London's gangland, and her most recent three novels have gone straight to number one in the Sunday Times Bestseller List. Total book sales stand at over eight million. A firm favourite with critics and fans alike, Martina's compelling and gritty prose is the perfect material for drama that pulls no punches.
Back to top Go down
https://tomhardyfanforum.aforumfree.com
wizard7018

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:38 pm

I just saw some interviews on sky1.com looks to be a very gripping drama! Look forward to seeing it!
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:35 pm

I might have to raid my mother's library for this one to see what it's about, and also keep my eye out for the episodes floating around the net.
Back to top Go down
http://sky-fitsheaven.livejournal.com
wizard7018

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 pm

I'll look for it online too! Nice blog btw..
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 am

Sounds enticing!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:11 pm

It's too bad we won't get to see this in the States. Those who can see it hopefully will fill us in. Smile

Here's another story:

The Take is a new four-part serial, adapted from the best-selling novel by Martina Cole, airing on SKy One later this month and starring Tom Hardy (Bronson, Stuart A Life Backwards) as Freddie Jackson.

Just out of jail, he’s done his time, made the right connections and now he’s ready to use them. With his faithful cousin Jimmy (Shaun Evans) by his side, Freddie is ready to take on the world. His wife Jackie (Kierston Wareing) dreams of having her husband home but she’s forgotten the rows and the girls Freddie can’t leave alone.

At first Freddie gets everything he ever wanted and Jimmy is taken along for the ride, the two creating a growing crime empire that gives them all the respect and money they’ve hungered for. But behind it all sits Ozzy (Brian Cox) - a legendary criminal godfather who manipulates Freddie and Jimmy’s fates from behind the bars of his prison cell.

Bitter, resentful and increasingly unstable, Jackie sees her life crumble while her little sister Maggie’s (Charlotte Riley) star rises. In love with Jimmy, Maggie is determined not to end up like her sister. Freddie and Jackie watch Jimmy and Maggie achieve all the dreams that they themselves failed to realise: love, family, stability and respect. 

Freddie soon proves himself to be unpredictably violent and extremely dangerous.

A jealous resentment and an inability to control himself force Freddie to put both the business and family at risk. Torn between being loyal to a cousin he loves and being true to his own destiny, Jimmy is forced to decide between protecting Freddie or the life he has built with Maggie…

Cole, one of the UK’s most prolific crime writers and the author of fifteen novels set in London’s gangland, comments: “The Take was my era – I wanted to capture that. The times changed then – the family dynamics changed. Every now and then I like to go back and take people back to another era and show them how something began.”

http://www.seenit.co.uk/martina-coles-the-take-comes-to-sky-one/063568/
Back to top Go down
wizard7018

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Hopefully someone will post it online. I sent for the book just started reading it. Its a real page turner. Freddie Jackson is "THE MAN" about town. So I have the book for now. When the dvd is available on region1 I'll buy it. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:53 am

No problem! Let us know how it is... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take   Have a butcher's at Sky's new drama The Take Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1